State-of-the-art design and implementation across industry sectors
Booth Welsh delivers complex, high profile and quality critical solutions, on time and within budget.
We provide a full range of engineering services across your project lifecycle, from conceptual FEED studies and detailed design, to installation and commissioning support activities.
Our team of highly qualified electrical engineers offer a wide variety of HV & LV consultancy and design services, including:
- Analysis of HV & LV power systems
- Distribution system design
- Switchgear specification and design, including transformers, switchboards and MCCs.
- Protection relay co-ordination studies
- Experience of the ATEX directives and DSEAR regulations
- Design of lighting systems, specifications and calculations
- Design of earthing and lightning protection systems
We have an experienced team of Control & Instrumentation Engineers, who have spent many years delivering projects and upgrades that are quality assured and fully compliant with industry specifications.
Offering a uniquely comprehensive design and build service, we provide seamless processes which greatly reduces the possibility of interface problems that often arise in multi-vendor and contractor environments.
Typical engineering activities include:
Participation in Hazard studies
Preparation of FEED studies, surveys, technical reports, technical specifications.
Technical bid evaluation and review.
Specification of DCS/PLC hardware.
Specification of field instrumentation for safe and hazardous areas, including ATEX compliance checks.
Preparation & production of installation design deliverables.
Control Panel Design.
Booth Welsh has a long and established background in the Process sector. Our engineers have built up extensive knowledge and experience in ATEX directives, DSEAR regulations and E&I design requirements for hazardous area project installations.
Typical activities include:
- Participation in hazard studies
- Preparation of FEED studies, surveys, technical reports and technical specifications
- Specification of field E&I equipment, for use in hazardous areas
- A full set of project E&I Design Deliverables, e.g. SLD’s, BD’s, Schematics, Loops and Layouts
- ATEX compliance checks
Booth Welsh have a team of competent engineers who are experienced in delivering Functional Safety projects across the safety lifecycle, from the development of the Safety Requirements Specification, through the design phase, operations and maintenance and modification. Our qualified engineers have the requisite knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Chairing and participating in HAZOP studies.
- Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- SIL Determination (typically using the techniques below)
- Calibrated Risk Graph
- Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Creation of Safety Requirements Specifications
- Design of SIS including fully compliant Safety PLC systems
- Safety Instrumented Function (SIF) verification calculations
- Creation of Proof Test procedures
- Functional Safety Assessments
Our team is also experienced in the area of machinery safety. We have carried out a number of machinery safety projects covering a range of activities from Risk Assessment, through SIL determination or determination of required performance level, verification and validation.