Our community partners, The Scottish Maritime Museum, are organising the Illumination Festival at Irvine Harbour for the second year running. The festival will be taking place from the 30th of November to the 3rd of December and Booth Welsh are delighted to be a headline sponsor again this year. The event promises to build on the success of last year, with plenty to see and do, and fun for the whole family.
There will be a number of activities going on such as:
- Booth Welsh ‘Learning with Light’ stall, including fun experiments and ‘Walk the Plank’ virtual reality,
- Light & Aerial Spectacular show
- Popping free firework displays
- The stunning illumination Light Trail across the Harbourside,
- The delicious Harbourside Food Fair,
- Illumi Bike stunt displays and taster sessions,
- Illuminated skiff racing,
- The magical Lantern Parade,
- Fabulous whisky tastings and entertainment aboard a 1960s cutter boat with Murray McDavid.
In the run up to the event our Booth Welsh STEM team have been busy, working hard to create fun and engaging activities with an energy theme for kids to take part in over the weekend. One of our partner schools, Ardrossan Academy, have also been involved, with a group of S2 pupils working to create a fantastic lighthouse model for the occasion as part of an experiment to demonstrate how electricity works at our stand.
Continuing the Booth Welsh staff involvement, our own HR Manager, Hazel Thomson, along with the Dreghorn Musical Society, will be closing the festival with Christmas carols on the Sunday evening.
The Illumination Festival really does have something for everyone and we would like to encourage you to attend the event with family and friends and enjoy some of the great activities on offer.
More info on the festival, please click on the link below:
For more information on this release, please contact Rebecca Sturrock: email@example.com