Successfully completed 2 weeks ahead of schedule
Minimised plant downtime to only 2 days
130 system I/O count
Reduced plant downtime to 1 week
Booth Welsh provided software modifications to existing Siemens PCS7 Distributed Control System for new filtration line and manufactured a new IO panel. We conducted factory acceptance testing of the software and the IO panel at our headquarters.
Client software testing and live loop checking was conducted using a second plant controller, purchased specifically for the project, to minimise the large costs associated with extended plant downtime. Due to this plant downtime was reduced by approximately a week, and greatly reduced the risk to plant operations that would have been inherent in conducting terminations for new field devices in existing live IO panels.
Benefits for Client
- Our extensive knowledge of the site and business through our long term working partnership
- Our Siemens solution partner status in obtaining value for money and ongoing support for their PCS7 system
- Seamless in house panel manufacture
- Minimising plant downtime to 2 days by utilising a second identical control system, separate from the live site system, and a separate IO Panel, to conduct field IO testing to the new IO panel, without disrupting existing operations
- Quick project turnaround within 6 months, ahead of time by two weeks and on budget