Project delivery turnaround 12 weeks
100% satisfied customer
365 days ongoing support contract
Booth Welsh was consulted to design a control system for a Radionuclide Delivery System (RNDS) within an Imaging Centre in London. The system has been inspected and maintained by Booth Welsh since installation.
In recent years, key components within the control system have reached the end of their supported operational lifecycle. Obsolescence of replacement parts, software and operating systems all impact the ability to support the system in the case of component failure, which could constitute an unacceptable business risk in terms of production downtime for our client
Several years later, Booth Welsh advised on the status of the operating lifecycle of the RNDS system as a whole, and offered a solution to replace the most at risk components within the system, with minimal downtime and outlay to our client with a view to providing the most robust and cost effective method of future proofing the system.
The solution focused on updating the underlying Siemens PCS7 DCS software on which the RNDS system was developed, and the Microsoft ® Windows ® based stations within the control system.
Booth Welsh provided;
- A migration of the RNDS system Siemens PCS7 control system software;
- Industrial stainless steel enclosures with new Siemens Touch screen Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s);
- new Operator Servers and Engineering workstations;
- System revalidation;
- Update of existing documentation.
Benefits for Client
The following key Booth Welsh strengths ensured that the project was delivered to our client 12 weeks from project initiation, and under budget;
- Our status as Solution Partner Specialists status for Siemens Process Control System
- Our extensive knowledge of Siemens HMI and Industrial PC products
- Our ability to manufacture industrial enclosures at our Irvine manufacturing facility
- Our in house facilities for hosting acceptance testing
- Proven track record of delivering on time with minimal disruption to production